A good quality bra is an investment in you and your wardrobe. You want them to last, look and fit beautifully for as long as possible. To ensure this, here are a few simple steps that you can follow.
- Always use a mild chemical free washing powder or liquid (traditional detergents are much too harsh on delicate fabrics & elastics). We recommend Forever New or Eucalan, as these are mild natural based washing products.
- Fill your sink with cool or lukewarm water, add a teaspoon of Forever New or Eucalan
- Separate light & dark bras
- Just let your bras soak…yes, it actually is as easy as that!
- Light color bras for 15 – 20 minutes…black or dark color bras for 10 – 15 minutes
- Rinse with cool water (Eucalan is a no rinse formula and does not need to be rinsed out, although you may if you choose to). Squeeze out any excess water (do not wring your bras, especially underwire or padded bras)
- Hang or lay flat to dry
Never put bras in the dryer. The heat eats away at the Lycra fibres and will cause your bras to wear out much quicker than with air drying.
The better you take care of your bras, the longer they will last you, but with that being said, they are a little garment with a big job to do & like any garment of clothing, cannot be expected to last forever. You should replace your bras with new ones every 6 – 9 months depending on the amount of wear that they get. This is especially true for everyday bras.