Ovarian Cancer Awareness Month
Ovarian cancer has been dubbed the silent killer since the signs and symptoms can be difficult to detect. Last year, Elly Mayday, our friend and model, was diagnosed with Ovarian Cancer. We are grateful that we were able to help raise funds for her treatment & recovery. She underwent numerous operations, and thankfully, she is still here with us – however, it is still a fight for her.
This year, we wanted to do something to benefit all cancer patients. Therefore we are creating Chemo Comfort Bags for those undergoing chemo therapy. These bags will be given to both male and female cancer patients, in our local community.
Our Chemotherapy Comfort Bags will contain:
• Comfortable blanket
• Handmade cap
• Thermal Cup
• Movie Passes
• Lip Balm
• Body lotion
• Handwritten card/letter
• Warm socks
• Candy to alleviate “metal mouth”
• We will donate $2 from every panty sold in-store & online in the month of September towards the creation of the Comfort Bags.
• You can also make a cash donation to help facilitate the creation of these bags. Donations can be made online or in-store. If you make your donation in-store, you will be given a pair of paper panties to share any kind words you have for people undergoing chemotherapy. These notes will be included in the comfort bags.
Error: Your requested Widget "PayPal Donations" is not in the "Widgets for Shortcodes" sidebar
- [do_widget_area blog-side-menu]
- [do_widget id="search-4"]
- [do_widget id="nav_menu-3"]
- [do_widget id="text-2"]
- [do_widget id="recent-posts-widget-with-thumbnails-2"]
- [do_widget id="null-instagram-feed-2"]
- [do_widget id="pi_simpletwittertweets-2"]
- [do_widget id="archives-3"]
- [do_widget_area blog-top-menu]
- [do_widget id="nav_menu-2"]
- [do_widget id="search-3"]
- [do_widget_area cart-widget-area]
- [do_widget id="black-studio-tinymce-3"]
- [do_widget_area extrainfo-widget-area]
- [do_widget id="black-studio-tinymce-4"]
- [do_widget_area primary-widget-area]
- [do_widget id="paypal_donations-2"]
- [do_widget id="black-studio-tinymce-2"]
- [do_widget id="search-2"]
- [do_widget_area widgets_for_shortcodes]
- [do_widget_area wp_inactive_widgets]
- [do_widget id="archives-2"]
- [do_widget id="meta-2"]
- [do_widget id="categories-2"]
- [do_widget id="recent-posts-2"]
• If you have knitting or crocheting skills, you can create a handmade cap for someone undergoing chemotherapy. Click – KNITTING OR CROCHET PATTERNS – for some modern patterns. These caps must be completed and submitted to Forever Yours Lingerie by October 1st, 2014. Please make sure the yarn you use is soft and if possible, natural fibers, as it will be against sensitive, bare skin.
• When you’re not feeling well, it is always nice to know someone is thinking of you. Therefore, we are collecting handwritten letters of support. Whether you have gone through a form of cancer treatment, or just have kind words to share, we would love to include your letters in the Comfort Bags. Letters must be in to Forever Yours Lingerie by October 1st, 2014.
Send all Caps & Letters to:
Attn: Fight Like a Girl
Forever Yours Lingerie
20460 Fraser Hwy
Langley, BC V3A 4G2
• Take a Pie to the Face! See Sonya’s video below for a little sweet action you can share and spread over your favorite social network! Be sure to mention Forever Yours Lingerie in your video, hashtag #pieintheface & #dogoodfeelgood and encourage your friends to donate!